Monday 15 May 2017

Why a GTM?

So why a GTM you ask? No? Well I'll tell you anyway.
Firstly, it was cheap! The classic car market is very buoyant so finding a cheap Lotus or something similar is hard. When I started looking at cars I wanted a car that was small, easy to get parts for and unusual. I think the GTM is all of those, being based on a mini, parts are easy to get and not too costly.  It can be made to handle with a bit of fettling of the suspension geometry and location on a mini front subframe is rather good. There are not many early Cox or Heerey GTM's about either, let alone racing, So it is something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lining everything up

Well here it is! I got my tub delivered by Derek Hambly  at the beginning of the month, and what a fine job it is too. Made mostly from 20s...